OK, so many of you have asked to get this recipe. I’m finally taking the time to write it down (well, blog it). It’s quite simple – NOT HEALTHY, but I’m sure you can make variations so it is. I didn’t have the time to look into making it healthier due to time constraints. But, I will definitely be researching ways to take some of the “unhealthiness” out of it. Still…very yummy, and very easy! 🙂 The chocolate combination was my favorite! I know, for those of you that know me, this is NO shocker!!
1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix (I also bought a chocolate mix)
1 large egg
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting (I bought cream cheese frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- I put all my cookies on Silpat Silicone Cookie Sheet Liners, but if you don’t have these, the recipe calls for the cookies sheets to be lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the cake mix, egg, oil and buttermilk in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Medium speed.
- Shape 1-inch mounds of batter into balls and flatten slightly (I plopped the batter onto the cookie sheet and then sprayed my fingers with cooking spray to put them into balls, and flatten – they were prettier that way)
- Place sprinkles or whatever decorations you want on each cookie.
- Bake until golden and firm, about 8-10 minutes then remove and put on cooling rack.
- When they are cooled, then frost!
- I just put some frosting in a bowl and added a drop at a time of food coloring until it reached the desired color I wanted.
- Before squishing the cookies together to makes sandwiches, I matched two cookies up size-wise so they would be a perfect looking sandwich cookie.
- Frost one cookie with the colored frosting and then put the match on top creating the sandwich!
- Eat and enjoy every bite – not thinking about the calorie intake 🙂